MAKES ACCURATE HARD PLASTIC REPRODUCTION IN 6 TO 8 MINUTES
Facsimile® is a special plastic compound kit which is used for duplicating surface flats, roughness and for dimensional transfer of inaccessible locations. Many other applications are listed below.
- Make duplicates for measuring, such as gages, etc.
- Mask, fill in and seal.
- Test surface geometry, flatness, microfinish, etc.
- Fretting depth of blade dovetails in jet engines.
- Make permanent records of surface geometry, etc.
- Make potting, bonding and repairing easy.
- Make custom holding and nesting fixtures.
- Make quick jigs.
- Make instant molds and patterns.
- Make excellent stylus patterns.
- Closer inspection can be performed by allowing the casting to cure in a pressure vessel (15 p.s.i.).
- When casting in a “CONFINED” area, it is better to cast 1 /2 of the internal shape.
- Facsimile® will not affect the surface of ferrous or non-ferrous materials to which it is applied.
- Remember—when casting without releasing agent, an ACETONE soak removes Facsimile®.
- Cast small run parts and prototypes.
AVAILABLE IN LARGER “ECONOMY” KITS
A test submitted by E.I. Dupont DeNemour & Company to an independent test lab showed the following properties of Facsimile®:
- TEST PIECE APPROXIMATELY 1” BY 1 /4” THICKNESS…
- COMPRESSION TEST…Maximum load 6,800 lbs. Compression strength 9,650 PSI.
- MECHANICAL PROPERTIES…Ultimate tensile 3,415 PSI.
- WATER ABSORPTION…(24 hours at 73 o ) 0.31% by weight.
The kit contains all material and instructions. The Facsimile® can be diluted from a putty consistency to a watery to best suit your job needs. If larger quantities of Facsimile® are desired they can be ordered in 3 lb. and 25lb. kits at proportionately lower prices per pound.
Facsimile® is Made in U.S.A.